Tips: Keeping Your Furniture Clean & Beautiful!!
Furniture can be an expensive investment. One of the best ways to protect your investment is having your furniture professionally cleaned and protected. Furniture is of course only new once. Having clean furniture is very important to the ones who come in contact with it. Studies have shown that keeping your furniture professionally cleaned will cut down on allergies and germs that may possibly lead to illness.
To protect and care for your Furniture, We suggest the Following:
- Avoid placing your furniture in direct sunlight, as sunlight causes fading.
- Avoid extreme changes in temperature by arranging furniture away from radiators, heat and air vents and air conditioning units.
- Avoid placing plastic or rubber materials (lamp bases, notebooks, placemats, etc.) on your furniture, as certain plastics contain ingredients that may damage the finish.
- Periodically rotate accessories on furniture so they do not sit in the same spot all the time.
- Use pads, cloth or felt to protect the furniture surface from plastic, rubber, hot dishes, beverages, bookends, flowerpots and vases.
- Clean up spills immediately. Use a blotting rather than a wiping action. Water left over a long period of time will cause white spots in the finish. Alcohol, perfume, after-shave and medications can cause severe finish damage.
- Use a protective pad when writing with a ballpoint pen on the furniture surface.
- Lift and place objects rather than dragging them across the furniture surface.
- Avoid placing furniture directly under windows.
- If using a protective glass top, place felt or cork spacers under the glass to allow the wood to breathe.
Have a Clean and Healthy Furniture..